Welcome to SWIG - The Sustainable Water Industry Group
SWIG was conceived in 2008 by a group who came together with the idea of applying some 'whole system thinking' to sustainable water management; i.e. pulling together several strands to give a better and more sustainable result.
Participants include manufacturers, installers, professionals, consultants, designers, academics and others from across industry. Some of them are thought leaders but all have seen the relevance of a group that pulls rather than pushes. Naturally there are roles for other strategic organisations that shine their light along the path. However, there are other crucial roles for those who turn the strategies into practical realities by walking that path every day.
Vision - To see water being used sustainably in all buildings and spaces.
Mission - To implement sustainable water management wherever possible.
Approach - Interdisciplinary, based on 'whole system thinking,' the ongoing development of best practice and influencing policies
It is critical to success that strategies are supported by policies that make sense in the real world and that regulation and legislation really work to promote and encourage workable solutions can be measured in both commercial and sustainable terms.
SWIG will avoid the temptation for single issue thinking by providing a platform welcoming cross - disciplinary skills and opinions. By remaining inclusive SWIG is modelling its own open approach based on 'whole system thinking' and the ongoing development of best practice.
The paradigm shift is to see green business as good business. Particularly, where commercial return on investment is often achievable within 5 years. And, with some projects achieving payback in 12 months, there are clearly some myths to dispel.
- Building sustainability into project specs from the outset.
- Some projects fail to incorporate achievable gains. So here SWIG will encourage joined up thinking and help focus on sustainable issues at an early stage.
Developing robust guidelines, disseminating knowledge about practical ways of integrating grey water rainwater, dispelling myths, using mains water responsibly.
- Creating critical mass and credibility to engage in informed debate.
- Seeking to ensure good policy produces good legislation that works practically.
- Sustainable Businesses & Sustainable Cities Event
- Date: 10th June 2015
Venue: 30 Finsbury Square, London, EC2P 2YU
- Sustainable Growth for Sustainable Businesses.
- • Identifying barriers to sustainable growth in your company.
- SWIG working lunchtime event.
- • Sustainable Cities - Urban Greening.
- 2015 SWIG Awards -
Call for Nominations, Act Now!! Free, quick & easy to enter!
- SWIG Working Lunchtime Seminar
- Date: 13th Jan 2015
Venue: The Roof Gardens, Kensington
- • Viewing the future with Green Infrastructure.
- • The built environment must develop and change.
- Unit 6c Ivory's Business Centre,
Radlett WD7 7HU
- t: +44 (0) 1923 839988
f: +44 (0) 1923 839989